You and your family won't miss the dairy or eggs or sugar in these vegan muffins made with dates and semolina.
Sooji/ Semolina:- 1/2 Cup
Sifted Maida / All purpose flour :- 1/2 Cup
Pitted Dates / Khajoor :- 18
Water:- 3/4 Cup
Oil:- 1/4 Cup
Baking powder:- 2 1/2 Tsp
Chopped walnuts:- 1/2 Cup (Optional)
1) Soak dates in water for 3 - 4 hours, till they are soft
2) Sift flour and baking powder together - 2 to 3 times, so that the baking powder mixes well. Add sooji and mix thoroughly.
3) Grind dates with the water(no additional water needed)
4) Mix oil in the dates paste, blend well.
5) Start mixing the dry ingredients into the above wet mix, 1/3rd at a time.
6) Once mixed well, add chopped walnut if using.
7) Grease cupcake/muffin pan with oil, dust with maida/all purpose flour.
8) Spoon the batter into the pan.
9) Bake at 350 deg F in a preheated oven, for 22 - 25 minutes. check for doneness with a toothpick
10) Once done, cool on a cooling rack.