A low-fat and low-calorie vegetable curry made with chickpeas, potatoes and peas , cooked with aromatic spices in a coconut milk base.You can adjust the level of spiciness to taste.
Vegan Potato Coconut Curry
Preparation Time:- 10 Minutes
Cooking Time:- 30 Minutes
Recipe Source:- Marianhd
Potatoes, peeled and cubed:- 4
Olive oil:- 2 Tbsp
Onion, diced:- 1
Garlic cloves, minced:- 3
Ground cumin:- 2 Tsp
Cayenne pepper :- 1/8-1/4 Tsp
Curry powder:- 4 Tsp
Garam masala:- 4 Tsp
Fresh ginger root, peeled and minced :- 1 inch piece
Diced tomatoes (14.5 oz):- 1 can
Garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz):- 1 can
Frozen peas:- 1 1/4 Cup
Coconut milk (14 oz):- 1 can
Dried currants or raisins:- 1/2 Cup
Chopped cashews, optional:- 1/2 Cup
1) Put the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat to keep at a simmer and cook until just tender–about 15 minutes. Drain them and let them steam dry for a bit.
3) While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4) Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
5) Add the cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garam masala, ginger, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes more.
6) Add the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, peas, and potatoes.
7) Add the coconut milk, dried fruit, and cashews (if using) and bring to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve hot with some naan ...Enjoy:)